Open Sound System for AIX
OSS/AIX provides device drivers for popular soundcards under IBM AIX
4.x. OSS/AIX comes with a user-friendly configuration tool that makes
adding and configuring sound cards into IBM AIX a snap.
OSS/AIX complies with the Open Sound System API. OSS/AIX also supports
the onboard audio hardware for all IBM and Motorola PowerPCs.
OSS/AIX provides support for Java audio and IBM's Ultimedia Services.
Now you can run UMS on any sound card!.
OSS/AIX v3.9.8g released
- Support for SPDIF on SoundBlaster 128-Digital versions
- Added "record-what-you-hear" capture mode for AC97 devices
- Support for Sound Blaster PCI128, CMedia CMI8738, ForteMedia FM801
devices now available.
- Support for AIX 5.1 also added.
- Support for all ISA PnP soundcards.
- Improved installation for the drivers
- Automatic ISA PnP soundcard detection
Currently only 1 PCI soundcard per machine is supported
PCI soundcards only support a 4K audio buffer, with the result
certain apps may not work correctly. This limitation will be fixed