Can't make oss works

OSS specific Solaris discussion (x86/SPARC)

Moderators: cesium, dev, kodachi, hannu

Can't make oss works

Postby GrAaL » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:23 pm

hi,

I try to make oss run on solaris 10 with a cs4280
i can see the /dev/mixer0 linked with /dev/mixer but it says that oss driver failed cannot find /dev/mixer ?

anyone have an idea ?
GrAaL
 

Re: Can't make oss works

Postby dev » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:24 pm

GrAaL wrote:hi,

I try to make oss run on solaris 10 with a cs4280
i can see the /dev/mixer0 linked with /dev/mixer but it says that oss driver failed cannot find /dev/mixer ?

anyone have an idea ?


Get the latest OSS 3.99.1e version and it should have no problems.
Make sure that you are installing as root.

regards
Dev Mazumdar
dev
Developer
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:08 am
Location: Culver City, CA

Postby GrAaL » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:22 pm

Hello

I've already try that, in fact i try 3 different version include the one available on the home page for solaris and it failed on each.

I can't find a real log of the sound card initialisation so i have no clue to work...

Perhaps any way:
- when i type prtconf -D, it says on the device 1013,6003 oss driver
- when i launch soundon, nothing appears, the hard drive run 1 second then nothing, i must do a ctrl+c do get the prompt.
- i'm the system root (i've done the full install of this computer...)
- i try with the pnpos enable or not
- when i clear the dev table (devfsadm) then try a soundon, it hangs the computer, write a core and reboot....

Thanks for your help

yann

ps: sorry for my 'poor english'
GrAaL
 

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:21 pm

GrAaL wrote:Hello

I've already try that, in fact i try 3 different version include the one available on the home page for solaris and it failed on each.

I can't find a real log of the sound card initialisation so i have no clue to work...

Perhaps any way:
- when i type prtconf -D, it says on the device 1013,6003 oss driver
- when i launch soundon, nothing appears, the hard drive run 1 second then nothing, i must do a ctrl+c do get the prompt.
- i'm the system root (i've done the full install of this computer...)
- i try with the pnpos enable or not
- when i clear the dev table (devfsadm) then try a soundon, it hangs the computer, write a core and reboot....

Thanks for your help

yann

ps: sorry for my 'poor english'


Hi,

If you have the latest OSS 3.99.1e version, edit /usr/lib/oss/etc/options.cfg
and add cs4280_cklrun_fix=1

Now run soundon and see if that works.

Please submit a full tech support request at www.opensound.com/support.cgi

regards
Dev Mazumdar
Guest
 

Postby GrAaL » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:45 pm

I've just try it => reboot and coredump....
in fact, i've wait a while with ther syslog opened and see a renewq of the device after one hour at least...
so, i decided to try soundon => it displays the comment with the 4280clk then reboot

I only have the free oss ver and it's an office computer, so i cannot make a full support request .

Thanks for your support

bye

Yann
GrAaL
 

Postby dev » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:31 pm

GrAaL wrote:I've just try it => reboot and coredump....
in fact, i've wait a while with ther syslog opened and see a renewq of the device after one hour at least...
so, i decided to try soundon => it displays the comment with the 4280clk then reboot

I only have the free oss ver and it's an office computer, so i cannot make a full support request .

Thanks for your support

bye

Yann


Hi,

Just found the bug. It should be now fixed. Please download it again
and test it out.

best regards
Dev Mazumdar
dev
Developer
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:08 am
Location: Culver City, CA

Postby GrAaL » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:02 am

It works fine, thanks a lot for your support

Best regards

Yann
GrAaL
 


Return to Solaris

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron